Last year I totally transformed the way I looked at food and what I was eating/putting in my body. I started to ditch more processed foods and opted to make my own and even began eating veggies (WHAT?). Now cooking is therapeutic for me, I just hate the clean up. I think Alex really hates it when I cook because I’ll try to avoid the dishes as long as possible.
I wanted a cast iron skillet because I keep seeing a lot of recipes that calls for it, and I thought it would be perfect for camping as well. I wanted just a really simple recipe that I could cook a ton of chicken that would be used for my meal prep for the week. And that’s the story of how I came up with this way easy chicken recipe.
4-Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Mrs. Dash – Garlic and Herb seasoning
1. Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Warm up some olive oil in your cast iron skillet over medium heat
3. Chop up 4 cloves of garlic and toss in skillet
4. Add chicken to pan once it’s hot and season with spices of choice (I love Mrs. Dash seasoning because there’s no salt)
5. Brown each side of the chicken for about 5 minutes each and top with Rosemary
6. Bake for 30ish minutes
7. Enjoy or cut up for lunches for your week!
That’s it! It’s so so easy and I’ve been trying different spices, etc. or even adding veggies and roasting that crap out of them all in the same skillet. I can’t wait to come up with different recipes for you with this! I’m trying to find some really great camping ones so I will keep you all posted. Have a beautiful Memorial Day Weekend everyone.